Ready to convert to natural gas? It’s easy to get started!
BGE makes it easier and more affordable than ever to bring the benefits of natural gas home. Just submit the form to the right and a BGE Natural Gas Connection Program representative will be in touch with you soon to let you know if you are eligible for natural gas service.
Why Choose Natural Gas?
- Lower your energy costs. Check out our Gas Savings Calculator at BGE.com/Calc to compare your current and potential energy costs for heating, cooking and more.
- Work with a variety of appliances. Your cooking range, water heater, clothes dryer and fireplace can all be converted to gas. You can also use gas outdoors for lighting and grills.
- Improve comfort and warming efficiency. Your water heats faster, your clothes dry faster with fewer wrinkles and your home warms more efficiently with natural gas appliances and HVAC equipment.*
- Protect the environment with cleaner, more abundant energy. Compared to coal, oil and propane, natural gas is far more energy efficient. Households with natural gas spend on average 49% less than those with all-electric appliances and produce 53% lower greenhouse gas emissions.**
- Connect for free.† Simply install at least one standard gas appliance—furnace, fireplace, clothes dryer, water heater, cooking range or outdoor grill—in your home within a year of your connection.
STEPS TO CONVERT TO GAS
- INITIATION (1 week)
- Confirmation call from BGE
- Meet your BGE project manager
- Customer selects a contractor for in-home installation
- DESIGN (4–6 weeks)
- BGE designer visits your home
- Project design completion
- Contractor installs interior gas line
- SCHEDULING (3–4 weeks)
- Construction is scheduled††
- Customer has public and private utilities marked
- CONSTRUCTION (1 week)
- 48-hour notice of construction day
- Customer’s in-home contractor completes connection
- CONNECTING (within 1 year)
- Customer connects at least one gas appliance